• Register Today It's free!

Headlights will not work

plex4r

Reaction score
City, State
Lex, KY
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 eb
On my '95 EB I cannot get the Headlights to turn on. The parking lights work and also the Highbeams are working, but not the Lowbeams. I have reaplced both lights twice, from 2-pack sets. I have checked the fuses in the door and the main powser fuses under the hood by touching a multimeter to the back contacts on every fuse in the car.

What should I do next to diagnose this problem?

Thanks, Bill.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

put that multi meter on the HL plug and make sure you are getting 12v at the plug. Work your way back from there.

The diagnostic chart for my 99 says that the multifunction switch on the column is bad if low beams are inoperative and high beams are ok, unless you have a wiring problem.

They are around 50 bucks new.

If you have a "lamp out module", there could also be problems there.

As mentioned above, either the Lamp Out Modual(if you have the message center) or the multifunction switch(turn signal switch).
I would put my bets on the multifunction switch. Usually when the LOM goes bad one headlight doesnt work and when the MFS goes bad they both dont work.
Most dealers stock the MFS as they are common problems.

havin that same problem...im gettin tired of it...what does LOM and MFS mean btw?

same truck same problem but this should help

LOM = Lamp Out Module
MFS = MultiFunction Switch

Just fixed this on a 95, hgh beams worked only and only if you pull the lever back.

replaced the multifunction switch and everything works again.
Multifunction switch is the one on the steering column that you use for your turn signals. About $40+ at parts store, I used a junk yard piece.

410Fortune said:
Just fixed this on a 95, hgh beams worked only and only if you pull the lever back.

replaced the multifunction switch and everything works again.
Multifunction switch is the one on the steering column that you use for your turn signals. About $40+ at parts store, I used a junk yard piece.

any pics?

The MFS is the stalk that you use for your turn signal, and hi/lo beams. Its a very easy repair. I've replaced 2 of these. Just pull the steering colum cover off, and there it is. You need a torx bit to remove it. Takes less than a half hour.

Mbrooks420 said:
The MFS is the stalk that you use for your turn signal, and hi/lo beams. Its a very easy repair. I've replaced 2 of these. Just pull the steering colum cover off, and there it is. You need a torx bit to remove it. Takes less than a half hour.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

ttt for more help!! parents are being too skeptical..so i gotta make sure thats what exactly it is so that ford or any mechanic doesnt rape my wallet

:rolleyes:

No one can give you any guarantees. :) No need to take it to a mechanic. It's dead easy.

Back