• Register Today It's free!

Headunit

kd4gij

Reaction score
City, State
ST PETERSBURG
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 sport trac
I have a nice android head unit I want to put in my 2010 sport track. ST has a cd player with SYNC but I don't need it. What do I need besides the harness and antenna adaptor and bezel? I have searched and haven't found much

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That should be all you need. If you have navigation in the new unit you will need to use the antenna that came with it rather than the stock one.

Well I got it hooked up. The backlight for the buttons don't work, the USB port in the console is dead now, and ACC delay doesn't work, radio goes off with key. I can live with that.

The backlight needs hooked up to your illumination wire (dimmer). You need a special additional harness to keep your USB and AUX ports IF the head unit supports them.

Until I get the CAN BUSS adaptor I will just the illumination wire to the key on wire. My head unit has 2 USB cables. I ran one into the console and the other into the glove box. The illumination wire on my head unit only backlights the 3 buttons on the radio. The brightness of the touch screen is user adjustable in settings and tame of day.

Back