• Register Today It's free!

Heartbroken over 1992 Explorer

valley4J

Reaction score
City, State
Paoli, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Ford Thunderbird
Hello Everyone - My family has always been a "Ford" family. One of our most favorite cars was the 1992 Eddie Bauer Ford Explorer. This cherished car was part of our family and only had 25,027 miles! It was lovingly cared for and lived in a heated garage its whole life. A steep, icy hill sent it to Explorer heaven way too soon. Its grieving family is hoping that someone out there needs some parts and can use something. Here is the link with photos to the insurance auction: https://www.copart.com/lot/24227909/

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Man....that sucks. It will be a decent parts vehicle for someone who doesn’t need body parts.

Not that I’m looking to rehab it, but was the car still driveable after the accident? I’m trying to figure if I could move it around the garage when needed.

Man....that sucks. It will be a decent parts vehicle for someone who doesn’t need body parts.
Yes....there are many good parts inside and out that I am sure someone can use. The inside (dashboard, seats, etc. look brand new.

Welcome to this forum! Are you the original owner? How did it have such low mileage?
Yes, my family was the original owner. My Dad bought the car and we only drove it to Church on Sunday (ha, ha) and after he passed away, we didn't drive it much. It has been sitting in a heated garage for over 20 years. Just recently started driving it.

Not that I’m looking to rehab it, but was the car still driveable after the accident? I’m trying to figure if I could move it around the garage when needed.
Yes....I believe it is still driveable. I can confirm that if you are interested.

Hello Everyone - My family has always been a "Ford" family. One of our most favorite cars was the 1992 Eddie Bauer Ford Explorer. This cherished car was part of our family and only had 25,027 miles! It was lovingly cared for and lived in a heated garage its whole life. A steep, icy hill sent it to Explorer heaven way too soon. Its grieving family is hoping that someone out there needs some parts and can use something. Here is the link with photos to the insurance auction: https://www.copart.com/lot/24227909/
A sad day indeed. RIP EB

Auction for the Explorer is now up and running. Hoping someone needs some parts from this vehicle. Only 25,027 original miles, brand new tires purchased in August 2018, lots of special accessories including bug guard, Explorer mud flaps, etc. Still lots of usable parts. Car is driveable. Here is the link with photos to the insurance auction that ends tomorrow.
https://www.copart.com/lot/24227909/
Thanks for reading this.

So....I won the bid on your explorer, but have not been able to complete the sale because of the reserve. Any chance you can share the contact information for your insurance adjuster?

So....I won the bid on your explorer, but have not been able to complete the sale because of the reserve. Any chance you can share the contact information for your insurance adjuster?
Yes....I believe I can do that.....let me check and get back to you. Is there a way to private message you?

That would be much appreciated. Pretty sure you can click on my name and use the “start a conversation” feature.

Back