• Register Today It's free!

Heated Mirror Plug

Reaction score
City, State
Cleveland, Ga
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 XLT
98 5.0 2wd Eddie B
Working on wiring my truck and I need a clear picture of the wires going into the plug so I can wire this mirror properly. Mirror has heat and puddle lamp. Main issue is the four black wires with a total of seven wires coming out of mirror. I'm guessing the two black wires with stripes splice together and the two black wires with silver squares splice together to fit a five pin. My wiring diagram doesn't go so deep and no good pics on EBay. Thanks guys and gals.

Is the mirror from a 2nd gen? The colors don't match what I have on a diagram (attached below) but it could as easily be that I have the wrong diagram.

Attachments

• mirrors-power-mirror-circuit-1-of-1.pdf
    39.6 KB · Views: 117

Yes it's a 98 5.0 Awd. I have the same diagram but as you said colors don't match up. The mirror is off of a limited.Trying to figure the pinout for this mirror is easy if I could find a picture of the connector itself or a connector diagram.

I'm just going to worry with the plug at a later date. Currently splicing in a replacement body harness to my existing one, just trying to terminate all I can while I have the interior tore apart. The more I tear into this truck the more I find.

Back