• Register Today It's free!

Heated seat stops working

Cupins

Reaction score
City, State
Northwest
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 EB
Hi, I am new to this site and have a new to me 99 EB LTD. The driver side heated seat just stopped working, the passenger side works fine. I haven't done a full on search yet, but maybe someone has the quick fix or a few things to check out. My wife is all over me for more heat.Any Ideas??

Hi, I am new to this site and have a new to me 99 EB LTD. The driver side heated seat just stopped working, the passenger side works fine. I haven't done a full on search yet, but maybe someone has the quick fix or a few things to check out. My wife is all over me for more heat.Any Ideas??

Check fuses first.

with a wiring diagram you can run some simple tests. You can download an 00 manual from my signature. There is a heat wire (should be about 4 ohm) and a thermostat wire. It is probably near the edge of the cushion.

More often than not the heat wire breaks, and you have to replace the element or weave new high AWG gauge (very thin) PTFE wire. I don't know if the ex has a heat pad or woven wire in the seat, but your dealer can tell you if you call.

You do have to remove the seat and take apart the seat upholstery to do this.

Back