Heated Steering Wheel Option in 2012? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Heated Steering Wheel Option in 2012?

mgm

Reaction score
City, State
Pittsburgh, PA
Anyone know if Ford will offer Heated Steering Wheel Option in 2012? I know Lincoln started offering it on the MKX this year. Would love this option and would wait to buy if I knew it was coming for 2012.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Oh this is a great feature that would be so sweet. I for one would like to know this as well.

However Im not going to want to pay out the rear for this feature.

I'd guess limited only at first if it hits, like the push to start and remote start.

I wish I could have it....LOVE the feature.

you can always tape a hand warmer to your hands, everything you touch will be warm!

Reviewers have commented that the downside to MFT is that it is difficult if not impossible to use with gloves.

I suppose it would depend on the gloves. Since I don't have mine yet, I can't say. I am hoping I can try in the next day or two :D

I suspect a thinner glove may work where a ski glove would probably not be easy to use.

Reviewers have commented that the downside to MFT is that it is difficult if not impossible to use with gloves.

Works fine with my leather winter gloves. I've been driving my Ex to work every day since I got it last week in 15 degree weather and my gloves work great, not a single re-try with them on.

They look a lot like this.

I think the point of this thread got lost. I was hoping there were some Ford engineers lurking on this site that could provide some insight as to if this is being considered as an option for 2012.

Back