heatedseat problems | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

heatedseat problems

captlem66

Reaction score
On my passenger side seat, the heated seat will not turn off. The only time that the light on the console/dash will go off is if the button on the seat is pushed in, however as soon as the button is released the light will come back on and the heated seat will come back on. is the button faulty or is there something else wrong with the heated seats. Note the driver side works perfectly

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just fixed this same problem on my '05. It was a faulty button (switch). About $25 from the dealer. Easy to replace, remove the connector from the back, and squeeze the 2 tabs that hold the switch in. Slide the switch out towards the door and reverse to replace. It makes it a little easier to remove the plastic side piece, but not necessary. There is a screw at the very back (hidden by seat material) and one up under the lumbar switch (you'll need a stubby phillips).

What year? there are two variations - one used a module and the other one only had a switch. It was a mid year change in '03.

Heated Seat?

The button/switch on my driver side seems to not be working properly. It will turn on and off, but I have to push it multiple times or wiggle it or just hit the button just right. I have seen others saying that it is the switch. Curious to know if this is a common problem and if it is easily fixable by myself. I am not a skilled mechanic, so I don't really know where to start. Any thoughts or help would be greatly appreciated. I would like to avoid taking it in or paying the 85 dollars for a new switch.

You can very easily fix this yourself. Just buy the replacement switch from your dealer or online for about $25. Replaced mine a few months ago but mine would stay always ON and pushing would turn it off while holding it in. As mentioned you don't need to remove any panels just pop out the switch and replace.

Back