• Register Today It's free!

Heater blowing luke warm air

BlackNGoldRules

Reaction score
City, State
Pittsburgh, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Ranger
It's been a long time since I've posted on here but I'm having an issue with the heater on my current ranger. Just noticed it today. I have a 2009 Ranger now, V6 4.0. It's only blowing luke warm air when I have the temp turned up all the way. I'm getting up to normal operating temp., so I don't think it's a thermostat problem. I'm not leaking coolant anywhere that I can see. I know I'm not losing any because I checked. Could this be a heater core problem? Blend door problem? Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.

If possible I would look at getting an infrared thermometer and see how hot the noses to/from the heater core are. If one is significantly cooler than the other, there ya go. I'd also make sure the heater bypass valve is opening fully. I've seen several where the vacuum hose breaks off, and it leaves it semi closed. The blend door is also worth checking out as well.

My 01' Ranger did the same thing it was the heater control valve. under the hood you have a valve that opens and closes that carrys coolant to the heater core and u just gota pop the part off and replace with new one its like a $20 fix. you should see it under the hood on the coolant line real easy to get to.. im almost 100% positive this is your problem if u need any help with locating the part let me know

Back