• Register Today It's free!

Heater control valve issues.

SinisterRanger

Reaction score
City, State
Antioch, Ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Ford Ranger
i have changed out my HCV (heater control valve) and now my Heater is blowing super hot air in the cab and im not able to adjust it. It is hotter then it should be. i cant even hold my hand to the vent without burning my hand? any ideas or suggestions?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Maybe a broken blend door, or maybe you got the vacume lines switched around. What year, and heater contol valve, you mean thermostatic control valve right? Not trying to act like a punk I just want to make sure we are on the same page. Welcome to the forum. Im sure others will chime in and can help you more throughly. Good Luck.

It's for a 2002 ranger. No worries man I know you're trying to help out. It's a four port heater control valve. Attaches waterpump to heater and has a vacuum hose. ( hcv is what I know it by) not saying it isn't and I will check it but don't think it's the blend door. It was working fine before the HCV broke. I placed all the hoses in the same places they come off of.

Hmmmm I dont know too much about the newer year rangers, I was hoping it was a different vehical than on your tag. I know more about the older explorers and rangers, but it has got to be somthing pretty simple. Did you double check to make sure a vacume line didnt slip off or somthing, I would run a search if you havent already, and I belive Roadrunner777 has good knowlege of the heating control system. Good Luck man

Hows the weather out there in the yoc? I need to come down and visit my pops in hayward, I miss him, and the chaos of the bay.

Back