• Register Today It's free!

heater control valve vacuumm line

macD723

Reaction score
City, State
Fayette City PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 Ford Explorer
i changed my heater core, and after i was done i noticed that the vacuum line on top of the heater control valve on the hot water lines isn't connected at the firewall area. i can't find the other end of the vacuum line to reattach. all i have found on here is people saying to connect to the ac control vacuum line. i do not want to do this as you have to put the ac selector switch to the on position. in the off position, i still get hot air out of the vents. i'm roasting my rear off. where is the vacuum line supposed to connect to? and i don't want to splice into the ac vacuum line. can anyone help as i have been researching this for the last two hours and am getting upset and tired of people asking where to connect it two, and everyone saying to splice it into the ac vacuum line. please, i'm pulling my hair out, and thank you in advance.
Mark.

never mind. i found it!!! it's coming out of the firewall under the ac unit. there was a rubber hose splicing two halves of the plastic vacuum line. works now. thanks anyway.

Back