• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

Heater Core replacement, what else while I'm at it...?

tbyerly

Reaction score
City, State
Indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 Ford Explorer
I'm replacing the heater core in our 2008 Eddie Bauer Edition, 178k miles. It's been a great vehicle for our family and is in great shape. While the dash is out, what else do I need to be looking for while I'm this deep into the dash? I don't mind spending a little extra to have some preventative maintenance items taken care of because I certainly don't want to pull the dash again.
Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Explorer_PL

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Rockland County, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
06EB V8
One of the very common things that go bad, and you can replace those with dash in but maybe easier when it's out: blend door actuators. I'd replace those when I am there.

tbyerly

Reaction score
City, State
Indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 Ford Explorer
thanks, i'll look into it

michael loibl

Reaction score
City, State
maywood, new jersey
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 EB V6 & 2020 XLT
And please post some pictures of the disassembly of the dash

tbyerly

Reaction score
City, State
Indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 Ford Explorer
And please post some pictures of the disassembly of the dash
It's already out, but I'll take pics of anything in you specifically want to see. I'll also post some pointers as well.

michael loibl

Reaction score
City, State
maywood, new jersey
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 EB V6 & 2020 XLT
How about a picture of the dash out if it’s still out. I am curious to see how it looks behind the scenes