• Register Today It's free!

Heater Core Valve hose locations.

JTH1972

Reaction score
City, State
Kelowna, BC
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 XL V6 4X4
So, the Exp I just got had the heater core valve removed and just straight lined in together.

I picked up a new valve and want to get it hooked up properly but I'm not where exactly which hose goes where on the valve. Any insight?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The heater core was removed? Well.... Get yourself a new heater core and the left hose I believe is the one that gets the valve. Heater core jobs are over rated. I have done a few, they aren't that bad. About a days work.

No, not the core,the heater valve. Apparently I missed a word. Damn phone.

Not sure which hose goes where on the valve, not even sure it makes all that much difference, as all you're trying to do is stop the hot water from running through the heater core. Still it would be best to hook it up correctly. Maybe someone else will know for sure. I've got a '97 Sport, but it's not here right now to look at.

Is the core still hooked up to the hoses, just the valve removed? The reason I ask is that a disconnected heater core usually means the core was leaking. I hope that's not the case as changing the heater core is a major PITA (requires dash removal).

FYI, Ford eliminated the heater control valve on some years.

The valve goes right behind the belt tensioner in line with the heater hoses.

Yes, I know where the valve goes. Had to replace one on my first gen. Heater core is fine. Its the valve that was leaking and previous owner removed it and put straight fittings on.

Back