Heater hose part # question | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations
  • Register Today It's free!

Heater hose part # question

Zman302

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Explorer Eddie Bauer
Hey guys I have a 1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer has the 5.0l V8, and I noticed that the heater hose that goes from the heater control valve to this tube that runs down under the upper intake piece, has like a bulge in it, and want to replace it. All that comes up at O’Reilly’s is just bulk hose. And Bulk hose looks a bit awkward and kinks because of the extreme angle. I could probably get extra long bulk hose and loop it as a last resort, but want to know the part number of the molded hose. Thanks.

vroomzoomboom

Elite Canuck STOCK SUCKS!
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
selkirk, manitoba
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 supercharged 347 sport

Pete Deering

Reaction score
City, State
New England
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 xlt 4 door 4x4
Hey guys I have a 1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer has the 5.0l V8, and I noticed that the heater hose that goes from the heater control valve to this tube that runs down under the upper intake piece, has like a bulge in it, and want to replace it. All that comes up at O’Reilly’s is just bulk hose. And Bulk hose looks a bit awkward and kinks because of the extreme angle. I could probably get extra long bulk hose and loop it as a last resort, but want to know the part number of the molded hose. Thanks.
All you need to know is the ID. Its mark on the hose . this bulk hose is sold in a bag (heater hose). The bulge hose will fail. I think the heater hose is 5/8. I also don't own a V8.