Heater hose | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Heater hose

HISSIN50

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
'03 MM
Hello,

On a 2003 Mountaineer (4.0, rear heat), regarding the heater hoses: the three-way plastic T fitting on the passenger side of the engine bay (connecting a heater hose to the heater control valve, one leg goes towards the front of the engine and the other goes down under the firewall) is leaking. I have a pic if needed. Anyhoo, does anyone know of a replacement hose for this or do you guys cobble together a T replacement fitting of your own?

Looks like some have tried the Dorman 5/8" three-way Tee (part number 56387) and noted that the hoses' ID had loosened with age and a 3/4" metal Tee would be better. Has anyone sourced a larger OD tee that fits well? I'm leery to rip that existing T apart since you can't really put it back together again. The leak now is manageable, but once I rip that Tee apart............

Thank you so much for any advice or insight you can provide.

Mine is a different year (06) but I was able to source all the replacement parts from ebay, the preformed hoses ect. I will say It took some searching and some just looking and getting measurements to make sure they where actually correct and up and down a year or two. Good luck!

Back