• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Heavy D critiques the Utah "monolith".

Rick

Pumpkin Pilot
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL Pumpkin Edition
Callsign
AB7FH

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

410Fortune

ICE Season
Staff member
Reaction score
City, State
NORTH IDAHO, 7B
Year, Model & Trim Level
B2 "Slightly" Modified
Callsign
FOURTEN
how do we know how long it took for them to find it? do you know when it was placed there and by whom?

You guys ever watch "land of the lost" as kids? hehehehe I keep waiting to a sleestak to appear

Mbrooks420

High Voltage.
Elite Explorer
EF Vendor
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Mountaineer AWD
How about what’s inside of it? I’m surprised no one has popped those rivets out.

410Fortune

ICE Season
Staff member
Reaction score
City, State
NORTH IDAHO, 7B
Year, Model & Trim Level
B2 "Slightly" Modified
Callsign
FOURTEN
Any rules against dragging this SOB home? I mean some whack job built it and placed it there, is it cool if another whack job puts a rope around it and hauls it out of there? Take it home to the shop, open it up! If nothing else gives you some nice metal for other projects!
Can the person/people who placed this there be fined for littering?
I mean if I take an old washing machine out there and drop it in the desert there would be prosecution! What's the difference? Because its shiny?
Give ET a ticket!!

Brian1

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Albuquerque, NM
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 XLT
Callsign
KG5BAQ
Ive been following this monolith saga somewhat. In just a few days there have been so many people visit it that it has gone from having a shine for the past 4 years of being there to being smudged from all the people touching it and climbing it. The top rivets were also broken out of the panels. Current rumor has it that it has been "stolen" but I think the artist paid it a visit and took it themselves after all the unwanted attention it got. A report said someone saw an unofficial vehicle hauling something big out of the area but didn't give it a second thought until they got to the site and it was gone.

And yes, the stickered-up picture is a photoshop someone did but I fully expected that to happen at some point.

Screenshot_20201128-181339~2.png

Screenshot_20201128-181249~2.png

Mbrooks420

High Voltage.
Elite Explorer
EF Vendor
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Mountaineer AWD
I can’t see that being there for 4 years. Unwanted attention? If you didn’t want attention why would you waste so much effort and cost?

It was abandoned property as far as I’m concerned, I’d have bumped it out of its slot, and it would have went in the back of my truck for some future bumpers.

1991 sploder

Reaction score
City, State
Lompoc
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 eddie bauer
From a business perspective...news has gotten slow. Fake news broadcasting needed something to cover. If they wanted to they could send a reporter out there to show it's fake. All the stories on tv are like..."aliens?"

Rick

Pumpkin Pilot
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL Pumpkin Edition
Callsign
AB7FH

410Fortune

ICE Season
Staff member
Reaction score
City, State
NORTH IDAHO, 7B
Year, Model & Trim Level
B2 "Slightly" Modified
Callsign
FOURTEN
I would have voted for it, if we could have just gotten it on the ballot!

BKennedy

Elite Loser
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
San Diego, PRofK
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 XLT
It was on BLM land, placed without a permit and in a pristine area they do not want thousands of people driving/hiking into. It would never have been granted a permit. As soon as the first article came out, I was waiting for BLM to remove it. I guess someone beat them to it, saving them the trouble. I bet it was tweakers, or the person who installed it in the first place.

Rick

Pumpkin Pilot
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL Pumpkin Edition
Callsign
AB7FH
:shifty:I heard it showed back up today in Romania....

Marketing ploy for a new unnamed tv series?

I hope they put one at Truck Haven. It will give us a new destination :laugh:

Stic-o

Elite Movie Star
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Lake View Terrace, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 Navajo '99 XL '16 XLT
I hope they put one at Truck Haven. It will give us a new destination :laugh:

Sure, just what we need more wackos that don't know what they're doing getting stuck. :rolleyes:

Rick

Pumpkin Pilot
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL Pumpkin Edition
Callsign
AB7FH
Sure, just what we need more wackos that don't know what they're doing getting stuck. :rolleyes:

Ok, how about remounting the phone booth on top of the monolith?:oops:

1991 sploder

Reaction score
City, State
Lompoc
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 eddie bauer

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

German Engineer

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Explorer Sport 2WD
Funny fact about the whole story:
That monolith wasn't even a monolith, it was merely just a metal box.