Heavy-duty wire harness | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Heavy-duty wire harness

I was thinking about adding one of these harnesses to my stock headlights to upgrade my bulbs to a higher wattage. My question is: Will the heat from the new bulbs burn my headlights? And will my 99 sport take it? If anyone can recommend a website to research this topic and to buy them please let me know. thanks.

Speak with Aldive as I believe he has the upgraded harness. Even look in our Product Review section as I believe there is a review in there about it. good luck

-Drew

You might check Summitt Raceing to see if they have any left. They had a super close out price.
The prolonged use of 80/100 bulbs MAY discolor the reflective plating in the headlights.

i_am_tuck said:
I was thinking about adding one of these harnesses to my stock headlights to upgrade my bulbs to a higher wattage. My question is: Will the heat from the new bulbs burn my headlights? And will my 99 sport take it? If anyone can recommend a website to research this topic and to buy them please let me know. thanks.

I use a HD wire harness with Silver Star bulbs. Performs great with narry a problem.

I do not and have never used higher output bulbs.

Take a look at http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67524&highlight=wire+harness

Thank you all so much for all your input. i really appreciate your advise!!!

Back