Heep towing capabilty

95offroadx

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Palmyra, Pa
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 explorer xlt
well one of my buddies just got this 93 jeep wrangler 4cyl 5 spd, it has 6" of lift(3" body 3" susp) and 31's, i promised him id take him out wheelin with me, and i was wondering if he has enough torque to pull me out of a mud hole if i get stuck? whats the towin capabilty of those things?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

all depends on how bad you get stuck...noting really to do with towing capacity.....bring a come-along if you are really worried about it.

it just worries me because its a 4 banger

Its all depends on the type of recovery. Just for example, a few years ago, JDraper pulled me out with his Zuki. Essentially, when you are using a tow strap, make sure you give your truck gas when the other truck starts moving. A Come along will also help in some situations. Make sure you get one rated for atleast 3 tons.

ok thanks guys, if i zuk pulled out and xplorer i think a heep could

yeah, it all depends on how stuck you are, my friend got stuck in his superduty up to the cab and we couldnt pull him out with a combination of my ex and some friend's wrangler with a v8 durango in tandem. jackalls are a wonderful thing fot those situations, but i've seen a liberty help out a big rig that was stuck in snow

95offroadx said:
...was wondering if he has enough torque to pull me out of a mud hole...
que? torque? thats what low-range is for ;)

Back