Hella Lights - don't crack your lense | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Hella Lights - don't crack your lense

Alright, I stupidly flew into a parking space a couple months back and cracked my Hella 500 lense because I pulled too far in. I paid like $60.00 for the lights and just recently contacted Hella for a replacement lense. It's no special lense by any means....

MY EMAIL TO HELLA:
I have a set of Hella 500s and unfortunately, I cracked one of my glass lenses while parking last month. Is there a number that I can contact so that I may purchase a new glass lense from Hella. There is no replacement glass
available in stores so I must contact Hella directly. Thank you.

HELLA'S RESPONSE:
Thank you for your interest in Hella products. Your inquiry has been forwarded to Susquehanna MotorSports for assistance.

NOW I AM A LITTLE PERTURBED THAT I HAVE TO CONTACT A RETAILER/MIDDLEMAN FOR A SIMPLE REPLACEMENT PIECE.

S. MOTORSPORTS RESPONSE:
The replacement lens/reflector assembly for the Hella 500 (6?" Round) is $26.27 but we need to know if the lens is a Clear fog, an Amber Fog or a Driving lens - If interested,
give us a call at 717-XXXXXXX, 10:00am to 6:00pm Eastern Time, Monday through Friday.
Outside those times, leave a message and we'll get back to you when we can. The best time to get us is between 10:00am and 1:00pm Eastern Time, Monday through Friday.

I am not so much upset with the retailer, but with Hella. Why should I have to go between channels to incurr additional markups on a simple replacement piece. Mind you that I paid $60.00 for the lights originally. Did I pay ($26 x 2) like $50 for the two lenses and only $10 for the bulbs, hardware and wiring? That's plain BS.
Furthermore, I have a relatively inexpensive set of lights - I would hate to see how much the glass lense is for a $200 set of lights...... $150?

I NOW WOULD RATHER PURCHASE A NEW SET OF LIGHTS AND HAVE A SPARE LENSE AVAILABLE FOR THE OCASSIONAL IDIOTIC PULL INTO THE PARKING LOT :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

wow, I'd feel fortunate that Hella even allowed you to get just a replacement lens... I had spoken with people who had cracked those things in the past and Hellas response was "buy another set, its not covered under warranty".

Can you give me the email address you used cause I cracked my hella 550's (rectangular ones) mine were like $80 from performance products. I want to see how much they are trying to charge me for a new lense. Thanks

I have a set of Hella 550's minus the wiring sitting in my closet that I would be willing to part with for a fair price. Glass, housing, cover, and bulbs included. Let me know what you think is fair and maybe we can work something out.

Mr Steve - you can call Susquehanna MotorSports (717) 993-2215 b/c Hella is not going to help you. Let me know if your glass is cheaper though.

Ryan - I am not sure if you are offering them to me, but it appears as though you have the rectangled version and I unfortunately has the round (6") lights. If you do have the round lights though, let me know.

Back