• Register Today It's free!

hello all

sd329o1

Reaction score
City, State
Brooklyn USA
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 xlt
Im new here and i hope i can get some help.A little history my truck 1994 explorer just inherited it only 66 thousand miles. one family truck so its all original factory.

cruise control
did a lot of checking and this is where im at.new brake light switch and all brake lights work

check vacuum part of servo by running direct vacuum and idle jumps way up

checked all fuses ,they are good
checked wiring to switches on steering wheel none broken and changed VSS switch at end of sped o cable

any suggestions

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to this forum! Did you check the cruise control deactivation switch on the master cylinder? There is a recall on it along with the wiring harness. Some vehicles caught fire because the internal connections on the switch failed, and there is always power going through it (even with the engine off). Which part of Brooklyn do you live in?

jimmy c

i have a ford explorer 2 door 1991 . i know it has 300.000 + miles because i saw them turn myself. need to replace clutch unit and some other work. it is a extra car and i just do not want it to die. speed control and windows work perfect. it has a special place in my life and i am tryint to keep it running jimmy c mGby

welcome sd329

Back