HELLO Ford Motor Company do you not know when to quit? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

HELLO Ford Motor Company do you not know when to quit?

Paul Gagnon

Poseur SUV
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Sherwood Park, Alberta eh?
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 XLT
I have just received a nice little package of "Important Safety Information" on my Explorer. Why did I recieve this? I'll tell you why. The reason that I (like many of you) have been harassed by Ford Motor Company for many months is because in their original mailout about the Firestone tires there was NO BOX FOR ME TO CHECK THAT SAID I NO LONGER HAVE FIRESTONE TIRES ON MY TRUCK. If that simple little box had been added I would have been able to mail the reply card back and prevented Ford from mailing me ever more reply cards (again without a box to check and no phone number to call) and to begin calling me at home. Last fall every day for two weeks I had a call from Ford. They called me at 10 am WHEN I WAS AT WORK and left no return number. So since I had no way of contacting Ford I was submitted to this harassment and had no way of stopping it. My truck is NINE YEARS OLD and has over 200,000 km on the odometer, what are the odds that I still have the original tires???????? Wake up Ford! I know that I am not the only one who is frustrated by this. Ford could have saved millions of dollars in mailouts if the original reply card had included a check box for people who do not have Firestones or at the very least a phone number to call. Think about it next time before you mail stuff to millions of people. It will save a lot of trouble.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

A Serious Exploration of Dearborn, sounds like a good trip to me ;)

Maybe I can show them that my "SVT" Explorer actually gets better mileage than the stock version. That might perk their ears up. I get close to their projected mileage estimates for the 2003? Gas/Electric Explorer! Hehehe, performance and economy, can't beat that!

Not only from ford...I'm getting them from attornies all over Florida. Survey..Class action suits..Give it up and leave me alone..

Hey paul, do you have a brother or relative named chuck/charles? I was just curious because a guy that came in and installed some servers for my company his name was charles gagnon.

I got the one recall notice, and one packet that had the Car and Driver article, the sticker, and the sway bar links recall. Thats it. I can see how being called etc would be bothersome though. I get enough sales calls as it is!

It's a same story every time. We just feel violated because "they" keep sending stuff and keep calling. What would we do if "they" haven't called at all or send us nothing in the mail?? we would cry and whine that "these guys don't give a damn thing about Explorer owners and that they're not seriously treading their customers. Am I right or what?

All I got was a pamphlet with the stickers, that's all. I have 100K miles on my truck and still had original tires (in my basement that is - for some odd reason I stuck with these).

Later,

Originally posted by Andre Hryn
It's a same story every time. We just feel violated because "they" keep sending stuff and keep calling. What would we do if "they" haven't called at all or send us nothing in the mail?? we would cry and whine that "these guys don't give a damn thing about Explorer owners and that they're not seriously treading their customers. Am I right or what?

All I got was a pamphlet with the stickers, that's all. I have 100K miles on my truck and still had original tires (in my basement that is - for some odd reason I stuck with these).

Later,

I couldn't care less if they sent me nothing about the tires recall. I have not had Firestones for several years and will never again have a tire in the size 235/75R15 on my truck. My whole point was that they did not give me the option of telling them that I was not in need of their "Important Safety Information" One of the most important things to me is to be able to say "no thank you" when I am offered information that I do not require. Ford did not give me a choice or a chance to do that. I am glad that Ford sent out the information to everyone who needed it but those of us who do not need it should be allowed to choose for ourselves.

Hey, if you guys are going to Dearborn, count me in!!! hehe

Originally posted by NoBoundaries
I say we all drive over to Ford with our big Explorers and a list of demands, what do you all say?!?!:D

Im down, but we are gonna have to tow my
'sploder there. i ts been acting up BIG TIME this weekend. we can leave it on their front step then we can set it on fire and drive around it in circles chanting vulgar remarks loudly.

But seriously, every time i get one of those packets/letters i call them up asking not to rub it in my face about how wonderfully practical and safe my car is or should be, Puhlease!

What sway bar recall?

All I got was the original recall notice, and the package with the sticker for the new tire pressures, which I always ignore and go by what the tire tells me, since putting 30 lbs in a 50 lb tire can sometimes do more harm than good to the tire. I run Michelins and have found that 38 pounds is perfect in them. Thats only 10 pounds more than the original sticker.

BTW I have found that no matter what the tire pressure was in those damn freakstones, they still tended to seperate, I had 35 pounds in them and they were on the verge of exploding. And boy do they get hot when pulling a trailer down the road. Now with the Michelins, I made the same trip to Michigan and the tires were cool when I got there, and opposed to the crapstones being so hot you could smell the rubber.

Paul my truck was still registered at my parents house when those letters came. I saw them and tossed them to my dad and said hey these are for yours. :D He has a 97 or 98 Explorer without the original tires too. :) They even included a new sticker. I should've taken that sticker and stuck it right above the wheel well like they do on U-Hauls. That would've been funny!

Firestone!!

I received about 5 info letter and 10 phone call(I was not at home, I need to work to pay that Explorer). They should have offer some way to say: YES I have all the info I need, I took the necessairy action. I have just ONE firestone left, I wanted to use it has a future spare(not anymore) when I changed to Bridgestone 2 years ago, and the DOT code that I have on it is not even the one recalled. Please FORD by now we all know that the Firestone are &?%$"@ ****, so stop telling us, it's been over one year now.

But brand new Sport Tracs still are standing on Firestone tires at the dealership. After telling the Ford guy that if I never would buy a truck with Firestone, I needed to listen to this guy for about half an hour about how safe Firestone tires are and that no way they would change the tires for me; if I want an other brand I would need to buy them myself.

recall

Hey guys the recall is very important swing over to whoops and see my thread on what happened when i ddidnt receive my recall in time

Important...

I think we all DONT say it is not important that Ford give us the recall info. What we dont want is to be filled with paper over paper saying the same thing each time. I dont listen to new that often and I am well aware of the Firestone recall, I did check all the info and dont need it anymore.

Re: Important...

Originally posted by BExplorer
I think we all DONT say it is not important that Ford give us the recall info. What we dont want is to be filled with paper over paper saying the same thing each time. I dont listen to new that often and I am well aware of the Firestone recall, I did check all the info and dont need it anymore.

Very true! That is exactly my reason for posting this message!!

And when you think about it, it costs Ford a damn fortune to send that stuff out to all the people that dont need it.

There has to be a better way. If any of the young people on this site want to make a lot of money, thats the way. Learn how to save companies money on useless advirtising and customer notification. If you can save them money, they'll gladly pay you a lot of it.

Yeah Stephen, I could save them money by using one powerful tool....common sense!

The only things we have got from Ford is the tire recall notice and the sway bar link recall notice. They havent called us or sent us anything else. Some might call me lucky :cool:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

hmm

Oe other thing I got my recal notice 6 months too late soo it really was wasted paper

Back