Hello From Me And Some Questions

ShaggyRS6

Reaction score
City, State
New Jersey
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Limited
Hello everyone.

I just leased a 2013 Ford Explorer from Mawah ford in New Jersey. I have just relocated with my family and two dogs from England. We had a month to look for a car and done a good amount of research. We initially looked at the Nissan Pathfinder Platinum, but after going to 2 Nissan dealers that treated us very badly and had such aggressive sales tactics that put us off Nissan for life.

Ford treated much, much better and we are totally happy with our new SUV.

We finally settled on the Limited in the dark blue color. We have the 301A pack on the car with Moonroof as well. It has the electric folding rear seats, heated steering wheel and pretty much all the gadgets you could ever ask for.

I have registered on Syncmyride and we have a 6 month Sirius subscription which we all love.

I have a few questions for you which I am sure you have heard before so please don’t be too hard on me.

1. It seems you can get other apps for the Nav system, how do you this? I heard mention of a Spotify app?
2. When I logon to Sync it says there is an update available for me but that I should not upgrade myself via a USB stick. It says I will receive it in the post. Will this just automatically turn up or do I need to contact my dealer?
3. How do you get the voice command to take you to a pre-set station. For instance, I set 90’ at 9 to pre-set 1. What would I say?
4. Any other good things I can do with Sync or Sirius that I might not know about?
5. I am having issues getting the Garage Remote to work. Any tips on this? My unit has a purple learn button on it which I have been pressing.

That’s about it for now. I look forward to hearing from you all.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

1. It seems you can get other apps for the Nav system, how do you this? I heard mention of a Spotify app?
2. When I logon to Sync it says there is an update available for me but that I should not upgrade myself via a USB stick. It says I will receive it in the post. Will this just automatically turn up or do I need to contact my dealer?
3. How do you get the voice command to take you to a pre-set station. For instance, I set 90’ at 9 to pre-set 1. What would I say?
4. Any other good things I can do with Sync or Sirius that I might not know about?
5. I am having issues getting the Garage Remote to work. Any tips on this? My unit has a purple learn button on it which I have been pressing.

2. For some vehicles, you might need to go to the dealer. If you're not very handy with electronics, I say go to the dealer and let them do it.

3. As for the preset thing, it's easier to say the frequency. For 99.5. I say, "Nine Nine Point Five" Sometimes you don't need to say radio first and it knows what you're trying to say.

4. You can say, "I'm hot" or "I'm cold" and it would know to turn on the heat or the A/C.

5. Do you have a homelink compatible garage door? Check for that. Maybe that's the issue.

Hello everyone.

I just leased a 2013 Ford Explorer from Mawah ford in New Jersey. I have just relocated with my family and two dogs from England. We had a month to look for a car and done a good amount of research. We initially looked at the Nissan Pathfinder Platinum, but after going to 2 Nissan dealers that treated us very badly and had such aggressive sales tactics that put us off Nissan for life.

Ford treated much, much better and we are totally happy with our new SUV.

We finally settled on the Limited in the dark blue color. We have the 301A pack on the car with Moonroof as well. It has the electric folding rear seats, heated steering wheel and pretty much all the gadgets you could ever ask for.

I have registered on Syncmyride and we have a 6 month Sirius subscription which we all love.

I have a few questions for you which I am sure you have heard before so please don’t be too hard on me.

Welcome to the Forum ShaggyRS6. :wavey:
It's too bad that some dealers are not very customer orientated. I went to a Honda dealer and was quite put off by their 'take it or leave it' attitude and ended up driving 3 Toyota Highlanders over a 10 year period before going with the Explorer.
I don't believe that you can download any apps. Ford has been promising to have Applink available for the Explorer for a couple of years now but don't seem to be any closer to having it available.
As for working with the Homelink, I suggest that you clear the memory of the Explorer's link after every unsuccessful attempt. Sometimes if that is not done, it can create issues.

Peter

Hi, ShaggyRS6!

Congrats on your new Explorer, and welcome to the States! :)

Here are some answers to your questions:

1. The apps area you are referring to is for SYNC related applications, such as Vehicle Health Report and 911 Assist. You should be able to listen to Spotify via Bluetooth Audio depending on if your phone will allow it.

2. Shoot me your VIN in a private message and I'll check to see why you are getting this message; like 1995E said, you may also visit your dealer for the latest updates.

3. Check out this link for more voice command options - http://support.ford.com/sync-technology/entertainment-by-voice-sync-myford-touch

4. Also, this link will take you to our support page where you can find a lot of useful information on how to use SYNC - http://support.ford.com/topics/sync-technology-sync-myford-touch

5. This one is out of my scope, but Crystal, a.k.a. FordCustSrvc, can help you with that one. Send her a private message with your VIN and questions; I know she'll be happy to help.

Rebecca

Thank you for the warm welcome guys, and thanks for all the tips and info. I will PM you my VIN in a moment, that's very kind of you.

We have had about 6 inches of snow tonight in North NJ. So, I took her out to the Ford Dealership as they needed a copy of my SSN.

Going was fun, but coming back there was ice and about 3 inches of snow by that time. Cars getting stuck on inclines, police, car smashing into walls.

I put the Explorer in snow mode. I was very very impressed. it never felt like I was driving on snow. I've had a Range Rover vogue and it never felt this stable in snow. I am VERY VERY impressed.

Back