Hello from Northern CA

dejavoodoo18

Reaction score
City, State
California
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Ford Explorer
Hello everyone,

Long time "lurker" on this site, decided to finally create an account and become an official member. I currently reside in Northern California and am the proud owner of a 2014 Ford Explorer Base 4WD with the N/A 3.5L V6. The mods I have added so far (and most likely for good) are: Livernois 91 Octane performance tune, K&N 57 series CAI, 20 inch Ford wheels off of the 2015 XLT sport appearance package, and I painted the grille and rear "Explorer" trim black. I am pretty happy so far with the vehicle, despite its quirks but what car doesn't have its own way of talking to you?

I purchased the Ex brand new just over a year ago as my first new vehicle purchase ever. I have always bought gently preowned but the deal I got was pretty fair and made more sense to me at the time. I'm very grateful the knowledge and resources provided by the site and am looking forward to being able to contribute as well.

Regards,

Matt

Hey Deja... question about your CAI. I've been looking for one that will pass CA smog... not that I'm worried about that now... but the specific k&n CAI for 2015 xsport can't even be shipped to me because of CA emissions... k&n part # for this year is 69-3531TS.

Back