Hello from the UK

Dean_UK

Reaction score
City, State
London England
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 4.0
Hi there
Just swapped my Subaru Impreza turbo for a 97 Explorer (oh, and an Aprilia RSV Mille) and was pleased to find this usefull forum. I've had a quick look around and already got some great ideas. Mine's stock at the moment but I'm having a cat back exhaust made in a couple of days and i'm gonna try and take the UK body kit off and fit a set of 19" or 20"s.
index.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to another UK owner. You'll find lots of good solid info here. You just have to cross the language barrier. Search for tupperware (that what the arches and skirts are called).

All the best.

:usa: Hello and welcome aboard. Even with me being a Yank I sometimes do not understand all the Exlorer language.

A side note.
The best thing to happen to American television is BBC America. The wife and I can not get enough Changing Rooms, Ground Force, What Not To Wear and Father Ted.
I can't remember the hostes name on Changing Rooms but she is the main reason I watch it;)

Thanks Dan,
I think the lady you refer to is Carol Smiley...:D

Strangley our favorites are Scrubs, Friends, Will and Grace and Seinfield...

Welcome to the site Dean!

Good luck with your project. I know the Explorers on this side of the lake with tumperware have the fender flares clipped into the body via numerous holes. You may have to contend with the same issue.

Good luck and happy postin'!:)

Yep, body's full of holes so the 'tuperware' will have to stay on, although i've started spraying it black.

I was hoping to go big rims and low profiles but now i don't know if it will look right, have spent hours on this site and maybe TT/ shackles and 31's is the way to go.... just can't decide (as it's only for road/freeway use)

Dean

You can do the tt and shackles but just whatch out for the self leveling rear suspension. You have to play with the sensor to get it to work in the lifted position.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't!;)

Some good spacers can also help you fill up the flares.

Good luck with the truck either way you go and let us know how it works out.

~Tim

Back