fabianoliver

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Montevideo - Uruguay
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 XLT
Hello all.
i'm not an user yet, but i've always loved the 1st gen Explorers.
Tomorrow i'l go to take a look to ne that's on sale here. They are hard to find.
The seller sais to me that is original paint, that everything is working fine, doesn't consumes oil nor water, and has no rust....
150.000 miles
So semms a good one.
Here i post some pics.
Can someone please give me some tips, on what to look for?, some rust clasic points to look at?
Any other tip is really appreciated.
I love this truck, i hope it will be mine soon.

Thanks for your help!!

Fabian

WhatsApp Image 2022-07-28 at 8.16.30 PM.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2022-07-28 at 8.16.09 PM.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2022-07-28 at 8.15.17 PM.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2022-07-28 at 8.14.42 PM.jpeg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

For rust, I would check under the top of the rear fenders, and the bottoms of the doors. Get under the truck and carefully check the frame and components.

I would check the oil level, and the condition of the oil. That might help tell you if has been well maintained.

Check the tires for condition, and any unusual wear?

Do you have a mechanic available that could do an inspection?

I would look for more information: How many owners? Why the sale? Any maintenance records? What kind of use?

The truck looks nice, and I hope it works out for you!

And welcome to this Forum!

For rust, I would check under the top of the rear fenders, and the bottoms of the doors. Get under the truck and carefully check the frame and components.

I would check the oil level, and the condition of the oil. That might help tell you if has been well maintained.

Check the tires for condition, and any unusual wear?

Do you have a mechanic available that could do an inspection?

I would look for more information: How many owners? Why the sale? Any maintenance records? What kind of use?

The truck looks nice, and I hope it works out for you!
Hello Alligator, thanks for your reply.
I will look at this points.

Costs here are a big deal
Cost of the truck: 12K
too mutch
Consumption is a big issue here were i live each liter costs 2 dolars....ouch, but as a friend says, we are no cats, we don't have 7 lifes to live, just one.

welcome to EF! mr alligator is right! the rockers and doglegs are prone, as is the roof channel.

Reactions: ~X~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back