hello i landed in the usa, is anybody in Georgia ? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

hello i landed in the usa, is anybody in Georgia ?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome! Are you wanting to purchase one to drive in the USA? I think Georgia has vehicle inspection so make sure that the one that you buy will pass inspection. There are different laws in different states. Alabama does not have vehicle inspection. You can ask @CDW6212R about Tennessee laws. Maybe someone in Georgia can input...

Welcome! Just exactly what has been said above, make sure they're good for Georgia's laws, some sweet deals I've seen in southern georgia

Yup i have heared about that situation. Some guyes from TN wount sell cars to GA, due to this reason.

I am 1/5 mounse on US, right now i work under domestic driver lisence.
May be there is some ford explorer Georgia club, or meetings? )

I can take part, i need to adapt to the US live ) and improve English

I can buy an explorer already prepared for travel with passed inspections, or I’d better buy a stock explorer and make a small suspension lift myself, but here the question arises what kind of inspections I need to go through if let’s say the title is clean?

id say get a stock X and do the lift, as they are slim picking these days. i havent seen many lifted X's, and good ones at that. i am not sure, im guessing a smog to transfer? or maybe not, thinking like a californian here ;)

@Danil_Siberia California is a good example of the strictest U.S. states as far as SMOG and safety (maybe?) go.
You could start making a list or find one online of information about what states require. Alphabetically, I will go first.

Alabama, no smog, or safety inspection. Only new to Alabama tittle inspection. Car totaled by the insurance companies get their titles revoked and the vehicle must be repaired/rebuilt then inspected by the state to re-title with a rebuilt title. Anyone in Alaska? Any other forum users can add to this.

@Danil_Siberia California is a good example of the strictest U.S. states as far as SMOG and safety (maybe?) go.
You could start making a list or find one online of information about what states require. Alphabetically, I will go first.

Alabama, no smog, or safety inspection. Only new to Alabama tittle inspection. Car totaled by the insurance companies get their titles revoked and the vehicle must be inspected by the state to retitle with a rebuilt title. Anyone in Alaska? Any other forum users can add to this.
Hi, right now i am at GA, and i think i have to obey GA rules. May be some one can advice good GA places, for traveling around?

Welcome to the forum and the US. There are a lot of great older Explorers to be found in the south east, and Georgia. Rust shouldn't be a problem unless it came from farther up north, so check any of them carefully anyway.

I'd suggest a 1998-2001 2nd gen V8 Explorer, and not consider any V6 version. The 5.0 and the V8 transmission are notably more reliable than the V6 versions. So they are all more valuable in comparison, no matter what the conditions are. Look for the best condition of obsolete parts you can get, the interior, rubber parts, non drivetrain stuff. Also try for the features and options that you like the most. Expect to find stock original suspension parts in most examples, so expect to need to rebuild the front suspension etc. Replace all fluids and filters and see what is needed after those.

I'd suggest a 1998-2001 2nd gen V8 Explorer, and not consider any V6 version. The 5.0 and the V8 transmission are notably more reliable than the V6 versions. So they are all more valuable in comparison, no matter what the conditions are. Look for the best condition of obsolete parts you can get, the interior, rubber parts, non drivetrain stuff. Also try for the features and options that you like the most. Expect to find stock original suspension parts in most examples, so expect to need to rebuild the front suspension etc. Replace all fluids and filters and see what is needed after those.
Thanks a lot. Where are you traveling on explorer?

Thanks a lot. Where are you traveling on explorer?
I'm above you in TN, I live about six miles from the stadium where the Tennessee Volunteers just won over Alabama Crimson Tide in football. That was a wild game, and I was at the last one when we tore down the goal posts before, 40 years ago.

I'm above you in TN, I live about six miles from the stadium where the Tennessee Volunteers just won over Alabama Crimson Tide in football. That was a wild game, and I was at the last one when we tore down the goal posts before, 40 years ago.
Hi, i was two times in TN, its interesting place, alot of houses with signs (if you read this you are in range ))
)

roll tide!!! nothing against TN, but ;) :D

My back door lol to my workshop

IMG_20221018_081650.jpg

roll tide!!! nothing against TN, but ;) :D

I was born in AL, they were my favorite team growing up. But we lived here when I went to college. So my first team is UT, I still root for Alabama in every game except this one. That 1982 game cemented my loyalty, and the Bear retired shortly after that too.

I can buy an explorer already prepared for travel with passed inspections, or I’d better buy a stock explorer and make a small suspension lift myself, but here the question arises what kind of inspections I need to go through if let’s say the title is clean?
Emissions are the only yearly inspection. That should be all you'll need to have inspected when getting the license plate in your name(other than a title and bill of sale) from my experience. I'm also in GA and have had two 2005 Explorers. An XLT 4x4 v6 is what I currently drive and am looking for local meets and upgrade ideas as well.

Emissions are the only yearly inspection. That should be all you'll need to have inspected when getting the license plate in your name(other than a title and bill of sale) from my experience. I'm also in GA and have had two 2005 Explorers. An XLT 4x4 v6 is what I currently drive and am looking for local meets and upgrade ideas as well.
Hi, yeah Smirna is close to me.
As i got information, i only need to get a plates and after i can make lift and install winch, and drive. )

Also i have started little buisness ), if somebody needs my service, welcome

_nc_ohc=w0vYaKbfJHoAX9gUYxp&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-2.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back