Hello, I need y'all help!

BrooseDaMoose

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
East Freetown, MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Ford Explorer ST
My name is Bruce and I have some questions. I am not going to post them here as I know this is the place to introduce myself and say hello. I will post them in the appropriate forums. I currently drive an 03 Ranger FX4 Off-Road, 4.0 SOHC with an SCT tuned PCM, 3" lift and rolling on 32x11.5's. I bought a 2003 Explorer EB from a neighbor for $350 because he was gonna scrap it. It has the 4.6 V8. Only thing wrong with it is the left side is banged up and the front wheel was torn off the vehicle in a crash. A new front bumper assembly, grill, left fender, drivers door, left passanger door, running board and fix the wheel assembly and the truck would be perfect. It has 64K on it. The interior needs a very thorough cleaning from sitting. Only problem is, I can't get a title for it! My other Explorer is a 1999 XLT which I picked up for $600 to use as a donor for doing a V8 swap into my Ranger. However, MA won't allow me to do it because of the stupid emission laws. The engine has to be the same year or newer; even if you rebuild it and add any emissions equipment that's not on it but on a 2003. So now I am looking to either combineing the two Explorers and registering it under the XLT which I have a title for or instead of swaping the drive train into my Ranger, swaping the Ranger body onto the Explorer frame. It would still essentially be an Explorer but just have a different body. So that's what brings me here. I hope to get all the answers and opinions I need. Thanks!

Welcome, would you mind repeating that?

Back