Hello! I new here... I need yours help... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Hello! I new here... I need yours help...

Gabriel_Dn

Reaction score
City, State
Puerto Madryn - Chubut - Patagonia
Year, Model & Trim Level
Ford Explorer XLT 1997
Hello! My name is Gabriel, I am from Puerto Madryn, Patagonia Argentina and I have got a little problem with my Explorer XLT ´97 because I want to replace the original stereo casette with a new CD player, but I can not find the speakers identification of colours wiring wires, the factory harness have differents colours that the speakers harness, for example, the left front speaker have a orange/light green and light blue/white and those not appear in the stereo harness. Can you tell me how connect the aftermarket speakers wires?
Sorry, but my english is not very good.
Thanks for helping me! Bye...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

They make "kits" with connectors that snap over your factory connectors- no need to cut any wires.

http://www.scosche.com/what_fits.aspx

It makes it simple to wire up any other radio, and you can put your stock ratio back in if you wish.

First off, welcome to the forum.

Second, people graduate from school here with worse English so you're doing great.

For your question. You mentioned some wire colors so it sounds like you know some of the wiring.

Do you need to know the wiring for the truck, or the new CD Player?

Very often, stereo wires will have the identifiers printed on them. You'll need a good light and good eyes to see them, but often they are there.

Also, do you have an adaptor? The adaptor would splice into your new CD player's wires and allow you to plug it into your factory harness. Both the adaptor and the new CD player should have the wiring colors somewhere in the instructions. Look for those things and let us know what you still need to know.

Welcome to Explorer Forum! I would hit up Wal*Mart and get the "Kit" from there. It's about $10 bucks and saves you about $100 bucks worth of headache.

Hello again! Thanks for the answers!!! :)
I found this wires diagram on the internet...

253645.gif

I thought "That is easy!!" but I found others wires colours...:mad:

spkhrn01.jpg

spkhrn02.jpg

In some place they change of color... because at the speaker harness appear like the diagram...

I will try to find the way to buy the kit on eBay ... Is this?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=016&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=260092854345&rd=1&rd=1

Thanks again... I am going to tell you how go the installation... :)

And finally, here I am with my Explorer... a few days ago...

gabriel.jpg

Ok! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Bye!!

Newby with TC Motor problem

I am 83 yr old male WWll vet, Bikini Crossroads survivor, Lots of other stuff.
My 1995 (March) Explorer is stuck in 2wd. I have a replacement TCmotor (R&B inc.) the electric plug is round not rectangular. Does any one know if the color code is the same ? I would assume that the motor is a later replacement. Thanks in advance. Geezr

new coils??

So i got a 2inch lift from skyjacker and it came with new coils and new add a leafs. r the coils pretty hard to put in or are they not to bad?IDK i was also thinkin about coil spacers and flipping the leafs in back so their on top of the axle wut do you think??

Back