Hello, looking to learn and observe. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Hello, looking to learn and observe.

Slammed96X

Reaction score
City, State
Lake Stevens, Washington
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 Explorer XLT
Callsign
Slammed96X
Hello all. Decided to join this forum in order to have some knowledgeable resources at hand. I picked up my ‘96 early spring and am just now diving into the build. 5.0, blocked rear and keyed front end. I keep running into little things I am Not used to. So it’s nice to see a forum still in operation. Looking forward to utilizing as needed.

580C2EDC-8BA4-43EF-B538-D85414107635.jpeg DB0C1970-3447-42A1-98D4-C7B0DF1EB136.jpeg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the forum. Be sure to check out our street truck forums:

Lot's of good info in there.

@Slammed96X Welcome to our collective back yard! That is one slick ride. The wheels perfect the look, not too big, not too small. What size is that, 18's?

If you're of an experimental mind, I'd suggest checking out clear lamp lenses, I think it would complement the chrome well!

@Slammed96X Welcome to our collective back yard! That is one slick ride. The wheels perfect the look, not too big, not too small. What size is that, 18's?

If you're of an experimental mind, I'd suggest checking out clear lamp lenses, I think it would complement the chrome well!
I like how to the darker lenses match the darker lower trim. Just me

Hello all. Decided to join this forum in order to have some knowledgeable resources at hand. I picked up my ‘96 early spring and am just now diving into the build. 5.0, blocked rear and keyed front end. I keep running into little things I am Not used to. So it’s nice to see a forum still in operation. Looking forward to utilizing as needed.

View attachment 434917 View attachment 434918
welcome to EF!

@Turdle I'm not picky, she's a beaut either way!

Nice looking setup! Usually ain't a huge fan of street rigs, but that one ain't too bad! Welcome to the forums!

I like how to the darker lenses match the darker lower trim. Just me
Still deciding on dark or light accents. Everyone does dark everything. I’m leaning same color with repaint minis pinstripe, molding delete and keeping the chrome.

@Slammed96X Agreed, ditch the door mud guards, and definitely agreed, if new paint, same color!

I vote for chrome rather than black; generally not a fan of chrome, but with that color it looks great!

Would you consider adding some other side graphic, or going to keep her clean?

😂🤣😂🤣 TRUUUUTH!
Everything I remove takes off Ford’s SHHH!TTY paint and then needs primer. But, I’ve already started the body work, so now is the time!
@Slammed96X Agreed, ditch the door mud guards, and definitely agreed, if new paint, same color!

I vote for chrome rather than black; generally not a fan of chrome, but with that color it looks great!

Would you consider adding some other side graphic, or going to keep her clean?
torn between those two options. I’m building like a Street Truck/Mini Truck, so some mod 90’s graphics is an option.

@Slammed96X A side graphic with silver and a medium or dark green or blue might look good. Yellow or red or purple, if you really want to catch eyes. I love me some mini trucks, just can't justify owning one myself.

Welcome. Nice ride.

Back