Hello! Need help finding torque converter clutch solenoid | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Hello! Need help finding torque converter clutch solenoid

Nick421

Reaction score
City, State
Burns, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 Ford Explorer XLT
Hello All! New to the forum. Have an ‘08 XLT, 2WD. Having tranny problems, 5r55s. Had 12 solenoid codes, replaced solenoid pack with new one about a month ago. Changed fluid & filter also. Was running great. Now getting code po743 with burnt up fluid but still no shifting issues but truck wants to stall when slowing down. I know this indicates a TC issue but my question is the location of the TCC solenoid. I do not believe it is part of the solenoid Pack I replaced. Is it part of the valve body. As I said, new fluid burned up but no metal in the pan....yet. Can someone help me find the location of the TCC solenoid? I’d like to test it before I go ahead & pull the trans. Thanks!

I'm not a transmission expert, but while browsing my 2006 shop manual, the following is what I see.
- there is only the trans control solenoid body in the parts diagram. No other solenoid is shown.
- in the Description and Operation of the Trans Electronic Control System, the PCM uses input signals from 3 pressure controls (PCA, PCB, PCC), 1 torque converter clutch and 4 shift solenoids (SSA, SSB, SSC, SSD) to control trans operations.
- Pin # 46 is TCC at the PCM, pin # 14 is TCC @ trans vehicle harness.
- DTC P0743 is indeed a TCC solenoid circuit failure.

Hope this info is useful, I can find the wiring colour for the pins if its of any help.

Back