Hello new 2000 Ford Explorer Sport owner | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Hello new 2000 Ford Explorer Sport owner

kgbmatey

Reaction score
City, State
Jackson NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Explorer Sport
Hello,
I have just joined this site to help learn and gain knowledge about repairing and upkeeping a newly purchased 2000 Ford Explorer Sport 4L SOHC V6. And lets face it....SAVE MONEY on repairs!!!
Here is my story, I am a Mustang guy.......my 1990 Vert has been my passion since I purchased it many years ago. It has gone through many changes since then, and now has a 408 and is purely a toy!! I will not lie, I have not always been a big fan of domestic vehicles even though I am a "Ford" guy. I have had many bad experiences with daily drivers both Ford and yes even Chevy. I currently drive a 2003 Toyota Tundra with 225,000 miles with no major issues but brakes and tires! With that said, I purchased a new 2008 Mountaineer for my wife, and once again started to believe in American made vehicles. I, my wife , and daughter love the style, comfort and reliebility.
So my story no brings us to present day. My daughter just got her drivers license, and the Ford bug has bitten her, and she wanted an explorer. So I went out and bought her a 2000 Ford Explorer Sport with 125,000 miles. I bought the car more emotionally than rationally, and naturally I missed many things that I should have noticed. I will be making posts and I hope many of you will do your best to help me save face with my daughter, she definately deserves a better vehicle than I have purchased for her.
Thanks
Ken

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have to agree, it is a great looking truck, thats why I probably bought it before examining it better than I should have ...lol Mine is Black, and I love the style....unfortunately mine has many issues both major and minor, which I am in process of taking care of.

In my opinion you have purchased the best looking midsize two door SUV. Mine is toreador red.

Jeez Dale- you're such a Ford fanboy... :D

Welcome Ken! :wavey:
Not a problem to fix it up... Lots of info on the board...

Thanks to all, I have a feeling I will be on this site during my entire vacation making mods fixing problems.

Back