Hello, new guy with a 99 XLT on 20's with 4 18" subwoofers | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Hello, new guy with a 99 XLT on 20's with 4 18" subwoofers

Hey guys I'm from Michigan and whenever I would need any information on an explorer I would google it and always get an answer from this site, so I finally decided I'd join the forum.

I have a 99 XLT AWD 5.0 fully loaded explorer and I am really into loud systems so I stuffed it with 4 18" subwoofers and about 8,000 watts. I have a youtube channel with the same username and the reason I have that name is because I always have a 1946 panel truck and always used that username around all the forums. Anyways I have a DC power 250 amp high output alternator, 7 batteries total, 2 Incriminator Audio 40.1 sub amplifiers, 4 18" Incriminator Audio Death Penalty subs, and then 4 American Bass 6.5" mids, 2 6x9" mids, and a set of supertweeters. Also I have tinted the back 5 windows with 5% over the factory tint and then 35% on the front windows with the 5% strip on the windshield. 8000K HIDs. 20" chrome wheels.

In the next few months I am going to be tearing down my headliner and redoing it in black, installing diamond clear lens headlights, and a two tone black and silver paintjob.

As it is now...

Exterior
explorerslights.jpg

ddbed624.jpg

7b8fcb2d.jpg

Interior (seen on this site someone mention these seat covers so I tried them and think they are great for the price $25)
d77345c5.jpg

This is my subwoofer box which I made
e8c652aa.jpg

fd1d4739.jpg

Here is 46panel just because
IMG_0373.jpg

001-1.jpg

Few videos of my stereo if you want to check em out

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the forum!

Holy sub box! :D

Where in the mitten are you from? I like the rims... I'm not usually a rim fan, but those look good.

What's the story on the panel truck? Very cool! :thumbsup:

Welcome to the forum!

Holy sub box! :D

Where in the mitten are you from? I like the rims... I'm not usually a rim fan, but those look good.

What's the story on the panel truck? Very cool! :thumbsup:

Thank you :) I am from up north in Cheboygan but just finishing up my last semester as SVSU in Saginaw.

Well my father has always done body work and already had another panel truck and always planned on giving me his but asked if I wanted a project so we pulled it out of the middle of the woods for 500 dollars with basically NOTHING to it at all. Worked on it slowly, and its finally basically done. Interior is a little different but at the time its what I wanted, has blacklights, strobe lights, flip down monitor, mirror ceiling lol, underneath the side benches are planks stored that go across the middle which makes it into a full bed. Its just something different and its fun to just park and hang out with friends or take it for a nice summer day cruise.

nice x u got there

My parents retired up to Presque Isle, so I know the Cheb... :)

Great story on the panel truck- I never got to do a car with my Dad, we always planned to- but we never did. We were going to build his Hornet wagon into a drag car, but we hit a deer with it by West Branch, and lost the Hornet. I think that's why I put a jart through the roof of the 1981 Thunderbird that replaced it... Ha ha!

Looked like this one:

77horwr1.jpg

The Thunderbird I hated:

Tbird_1981.jpg

Car project- that's definitely on my bucket list with my son though. I was scrolling through and didn't know you added the interior shot of the panel truck in there and I did a double take because I though that was the Ex... lol!

The vid of the back glass is insane... :D

My parents retired up to Presque Isle, so I know the Cheb... :)

Great story on the panel truck- I never got to do a car with my Dad, we always planned to- but we never did. We were going to build his Hornet wagon into a drag car, but we hit a deer with it by West Branch, and lost the Hornet. I think that's why I put a jart through the roof of the 1981 Thunderbird that replaced it... Ha ha!

Car project- that's definitely on my bucket list with my son though. I was scrolling through and didn't know you added the interior shot of the panel truck in there and I did a double take because I though that was the Ex... lol!

The vid of the back glass is insane... :D

Yea it was really fun. I always lived with my mom (they were seperated) and would visit on weekends, but once I got older would go there whenever I wanted, and then by getting that of course it made me want to get it done so I was over there more often and I think it made him happy, so it was pretty cool.

But yea the explorer is pretty insane, I just sold one of my subwoofer amps tho so it will only be on half power (which should still be insane) but wanted the money to get some 22's to fill up the wheel well a little better, and then comes the black paint job.

Holy ****!!!!!!!!!!!! How have you not blow that back window out yet lol. But hell yeah man, ***** sweet

Nice X man, I absolutely LOVE those rims! I want a set like that, but probably 22's with a little thicker tire, or maybe 20's with a bigger tire, and lowered.

Nice sound system too, it puts my L7s to shame :( :p:

You have your front windows and windshield exactly how I want mine; the fronts dark, but not limo, and the strip on the windshield. (I would love all limo, but its illegal to have ANYTHING on the fronts around here besides a 4" strip)

Holy balls.

We need a price sheet of all your goods. Rims included.

Holy ****!!!!!!!!!!!! How have you not blow that back window out yet lol. But hell yeah man, ***** sweet
Lol yea it flexes just a little bit haha :)
Nice X man, I absolutely LOVE those rims! I want a set like that, but probably 22's with a little thicker tire, or maybe 20's with a bigger tire, and lowered.

Nice sound system too, it puts my L7s to shame :( :p:

You have your front windows and windshield exactly how I want mine; the fronts dark, but not limo, and the strip on the windshield. (I would love all limo, but its illegal to have ANYTHING on the fronts around here besides a 4" strip)

Thanks alot. I see your from Michigan and I'm in Saginaw. I'm actually selling the rims and tires, I agree a little thicker tire would be nice but these are basically brand new. Mine has been lowered, and Im getting some 22's just debating if I want to get 265/35 or 265/40 tires, because I don't know if 40's would rub.

And yea having the back windows 5% over the factory it really makes the fronts look darker, but they do have the 35% up there. I like it tho.

How does your ex stay together with all that bass???

Lol yea it flexes just a little bit haha :)

Thanks alot. I see your from Michigan and I'm in Saginaw. I'm actually selling the rims and tires, I agree a little thicker tire would be nice but these are basically brand new. Mine has been lowered, and Im getting some 22's just debating if I want to get 265/35 or 265/40 tires, because I don't know if 40's would rub.

And yea having the back windows 5% over the factory it really makes the fronts look darker, but they do have the 35% up there. I like it tho.

How much do you want for the rims?

Back