• Register Today It's free!

Hello new member exhaust question

SScruiser

Reaction score
City, State
bismarck ND
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 5.0
First of all hi im new to the ford explorers i just bought a 1996 5.0 and was wondering what the pipe size and muffler orientation? thanks for reading

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the site, try and post that in the specific generation forum sections and someone will see this! Enjoy the new to you ride!

are you looking for stock size pipes and muffler or are you asking appropriate size for a morr performance oriented system?

are you looking for stock size pipes and muffler or are you asking appropriate size for a morr performance oriented system?
Just like stock pipe size 2.5 I been reading and like if the muffler is a two in and oone out or something

dual in single out muffler and it looks like 2.25 is your stock size based on all the oem style replacement exhaust components. i do see an odd ball muffler shown thats single in single out but i dont see any exhaust pipes to match that. looks like 2.5 is shown for most of the aftermarket performance related replacement exhaust systems.

I don't get it. If you're dealing with exhaust, you're going to have to crawl under the vehicle eventually, so while you're under it you can see with your own eyes far better than anyone could describe it, including the hangers in case you need new ones but don't want to pay a fortune for the official Ford part #.

Back