Hello!! New to the board with a few Q's... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Hello!! New to the board with a few Q's...

awdriscol4

Reaction score
City, State
Chico, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Explorer XLT
Hello....this forum looks great!! I have a quick suspension question I hope someone can help me out with.

I have a 98 Explorer XLT AWD and am looking to lift it. The goal is to fit 33x12.50's with a 15x8 rim.

What is 1) my best way of doing this?, and 2) what is my cheapest way to do this?

We dont do any hardcore off-roading, just the normal mud and dirt occassionally. Would I be able to fit the 33's under a 4-inch body lift? (sorry if the questions are stupid, I've been a pavement pounder my whole life, lol)

Thanks,

Alfred

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Honey, check it out
[you got me mesmerized
With your black hair and __-___ thighs
Street poetry is my everyday]

I mean.. umm.. honey, read the following thread on lifts and tires,
read, ponder and postulate until its ripe to retire
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153956

Thanks for the link. I looked for something similar, I just had no luck in finding it. Thanks again!

Alfred

while we search for one thing another thing pops-out... happens to me every day
;)

4" suspension lift with front TT and rear SOA should be enough for 33's...

good luck! and welcome to the board!

PLEASE do not do a 4 inch body lift. that is just.... not safe. i have a 2 inch body and extended shackles and an add-a-leaf in the rear and up front i just cranked the t-bars. total cost = under 200 bucks. total lift = 4 inches. i run 33x12.50's on 15x8 rims. the 4 inch suspension lift will run you nearly 1800 bucks.

Back