Hello to all S.E. members!

Chief Mac

Reaction score
City, State
Manchester, CT
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer Sport
Chief Mac here!
Hello all Serious Explorations members! You have all provided support for maintaining mine and others Explorers, to that I say thank you! Of particular assistance is the information on the electronic range selector for the transfer case. I fixed my system and two other owners vehicles using the information I retrieved here - I donated my time to the other two owners, who were Mothers in dire straits. I felt great about that and passed around the web address to this site to numerous owners of Explorers. Kudos to the developers and monitors - great job people!!
I have been in hot rodding since 1959, when my Dad (God rest his soul, 1/22/07) got me involved with his supercharged, flat head Mercury 2 door. Since then I have built many vehicles, boats and airplanes. My stable consists of a 1965 Mustang coupe that my whole Family has worked on (it has become a Family heirloom), a 1970 Chevelle convertible (for sale), a 1979 Chevy Stepside 4x4 and a 1999 Ford Explorer Sport 2 wheel drive.
The task of gathering everything to do a 302 & AOD swap (out of a 1993 Mustang GT), is going forth at this time. I will need the front accessory brackets, water pump, mounts and Hooker headers for a V8 Explorer and other components.
My concern is the AOD electronics. The swap will use the V8 Explorer engine compartment wiring and under dash wiring so, that will be plug & play. However, the AOD may present a challenge so, I am looking forward to input on that account. I know, I know - Seek and ye shall find so, I'll dive in and see what is documented. If I do not find the answers I seek, I will document and share that information with the membership on this forum first.
A 1993 Explorer Sport 4x4, V8, with a straight front axle swap (Early Bronco Dana unit), F-150 4x4 5 speed, is in my near future. I have located the Forest green Explorer Sport, with a 5 speed already. The straight front axle is readily available. I plan to use an Advanced Adapter unit to mate the Dana 20 xfr case to the F-150 4x4 5 speed. I am acquainted with a drive shaft service, which has agreed to provide the front and rear drivelines.
I am happy to make your acquaintance. Also, I am willing to provide technical assistance when provided the opportunity. In the past, I owned an Auto Repair shop for 12 years, in Jacksonville, FL.
At present, my wife and I reside in Connecticut - the highest taxed state in the union - until she finishes Nursing school.
I welcome any advise, comments, questions or input you may have. Have fun over the Holidays!

Nuff Said,
Chief Mac

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks Brooklyn Bay! Glad to be here.

welcome aboard

Thanks Sams01XplrSprt, glad to be here!

Thanks lifeguard379, glad to be here. Thanks for the links you provided.

Chief Mac

i got a 95 exploder any one got a good idea for a lift size im thinking 3 body 4 suspension.

Back