• Register Today It's free!

hello to all

mathiasgg

Reaction score
City, State
whittier, ca.
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 sport
Im new here but have been on the ranger station for a couple of years now. I just got a 1993 explorer 4x4 5spd and would like to be a part of this forum. thanks everyone

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

OP problem

I have a oil pressure problem. When i first start the explorer it has oil pressure and then as soon as it warms up it drops to zero, but only at idle. I got rid of the dummy gauge a installed a mechanical gauge to see what was going on. At 2000 rpm i have 25 pounds of pressure. At idle it drops to almost nothing. It only does this as soon as the engine builds a little heat. I am lost and dont have the money to take it to a shop. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thank you very much.

welcome to the site

Oil pump would be my first thought. But I could be wrong. I'm not to familiar with the OHV engines. I remember on my family's 1991 when the head gasket went we had the same issue. At the time I was only like 12 so I didn't know much else other than brakes and oil changes.

I have the 5.0 V8 What kind of info can you give on the truck? Mileage? # of owners etc.

little more info on the ex

its got 145,000 miles. New heads or so the previous owner tells me that. Motor is quiet and powerful even with the low oil pressure. sometimes on a cold start the valvetrain will tick but go away. The guy i bought it off of didnt know much because he had gotten the car from a client of his. Thats all i know about it. Is it possible to pull the oil pan with the engine in the explorer? Thanks

Back