• Register Today It's free!

Hello ya'll...

Bham Onion

Reaction score
City, State
Hoover
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer 3.5L V6 4x4
Hey guys, my friends call me Onion and as that was my Dad's nickname also it kinda fits, however my son is having no part of it! lol
I bought a 2016 Explorer 4x4 with the 3.5 EcoBoost engine and I must say it's the most technology advanced vehicle I have ever owned.
Dad, (who our family owned the first Harley Davidson dealership in Alabama) always said, 'Son, own a Ford truck, a Chevy car and a Harley Davidson'. Since I also own a '03 King Ranch (new buy) and a '97 Corvette and a custom '99 soft tail trike, I think in the clear with Dad. Whose passing anniversary day is today in 2000 (fell w/ a broke hip)
I'm retired from broadcast television, 2 Olympic's Seoul '88 and Atlanta '96 where I was Engineer in Charge of the Design and Implantation of the Broadcast System of Georgia Dome Gymnastics Venue (put that on a card!)
Went to work for the City of Birmingham in Traffic Engineering Dept. Less money but no ulcer!
Eight years later I came into contact with a 'hot' ground wire (13.5 KvA) for 10.3 seconds!

Lots of pain and LOTS of burns, 50% 3rd and 4th degree.

Whoever said, "STOP, DROP AND ROLL" has never been on fire before. It turns into, "OHH, CRAP AND RUN" in a hurry. Yet with the Lords help I try not to let it slow me down.

While being electrocuted, I was heard to scream, "GOD, PLEASE SAVE ME!". At that exact time the breaker supplying the high voltage power opened!

The fire department was returning from a call when they were called to me. As they were at the end of the block and watched my crew lowering my bucket, they jumped out with fire extinguishers and started putting me out. I was so hot that when they put the flames out I re-ignited.

197 days in the hospital, a year and half of rehab with daily dressing changes. Would have not made it without the Lord. Had to even learn to walk again.

Anyway, thats my story.

I have traveled around the world, touched the sky and the bottom of the ocean. I have stood on the steps of Apollo's Temple. Went to the mountains and gazed in to the Oracle at Delphi. Drank from the Mediterranean Sea at Poseidon's gateway. Stood on the rubble that has remained of the Wall of East and West.

Stood on massive glaciers in Alaska, listened to corn grow in Alabama. Sat were Presidents have lived in Washington and prayed where native Americans died in South Dakota.

Never let anyone tell you that it can not be done, what do they know!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome.

1998 BMW 528i overheating? I took it too my mechanic hi told me that it is the pressure inside the coolant system .Hi took the pressured out and added some more antifreeze and it stopped for one month. Now it started again.i want to take it to the dealership but before i do i want to know what is the problem. Thank you

Welcome to the forum, what a crazy story and the website had lots of detail. Glad you're doing alright and excited to see some pictures of your explorer. I had a ecboboost f-150 and once it was tuned it hauled ass.

Good to have you !

Back