• Register Today It's free!

Hello....

87Bii50HO

Reaction score
City, State
Ozark, MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
'87 EddieBaurer
I have an '87 BII that has been modified, 6" suspension lift, 5 " body lift, wider axles, 5.0 HO, AOD, custom Drive Shafts, 33" Tires on MT Classic Lock 15 x 10 wheels.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

5" body lift? I thought 3 was pushing it until binding occured. What did you do to prevent steering shaft binding? Mines pretty bad with just a 3" BL atm

Yea holy body lift batman, and what defines "wider axles"

axles are out of a 91' explorer approximately 1-2" wider than the original B2 axles. The tires stick out from the body by 5" on both sides was only about 3" with the B2 axles. Going to put 5.13 gears in it when finished. Want to go with 35's or maybe even 37's... Oh and by the way I built it from the ground up. Don't trust any one with my toys never have never will....custom steering linkage from local street rod shop.

Looking at what forum you posted in I thought you did a solid axle swap. The 37's will start to push the breaking point of the TTB, but good luck and keep wrenchin'

Need some picx. With a 6 suspension lift a 3" body lift and later 37" meats are you going to do serious trail rides with all that height?

Back