Hello | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Hello

89Bronco2

Reaction score
City, State
DELAND,FL
Hello Everyone I have a 88 and 89 Bronco II on 35's and a 85 Ranger on 37's So yea I am a Ford person. Trying to do a little research on Explorer Hubs Did any of the 1990 and newer models come with manual locking hubs?? Even Rangers ???

Thanks for the input

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thank you

Thanks for the link it is very helpful. Now I need to find an Explorer or Ranger in the 90 plus year that has a manual front hub.

Welcome, In my B2 I have a first gen X D35 and put the more beefier Warn hubs that are made for the Jeep rear axle on the front. Warn does not list this but I've had both on the front axle and the one for the Jeep is noticeably heavier then the one Warn lists for the front D35. My only guess why it's heavier is that is it probably in the locked mode more then the front?

welcome

Welcome!

Welcome

Does anybody know what year model Rangers and Explorers used the manual locking hub with the 27 spline. I have been looking for the 1990 and newer so I did not know if there was a year break or not. I need a manual hub with 27 spine with 5 on 4.5
Thanks

...The years and difference's should all be in that link I gave you earlier...;)

Back