Hello!

Clementine

Reaction score
City, State
SF Bay Area
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer base
Hello,
I thought I'd introduce myself since I've been lurking here for a few weeks now and just purchased a 2014 Explorer. This is our 4th Ford, including a 1996 Aerostar, 2000 Ranger, 2005 Escape. I didn't initially intend to buy another car but was driving 3 large dogs around in the Escape and couldn't resist the larger cargo/seat capacity of the Explorer. We still have the Ranger, which my husband drives, but have traded in the other two consecutively.
Since I drive my dogs to work sheep in my off time I'm interested in keeping this car as clean as possible for as long as possible. This is tough as we get in from the pastures with mud (and sometimes worse stuff) on the pups. I'm looking at Wet Okole seat covers now and wondering if anyone has had any experience with them? Most of the custom seat covers seem to start around $175. per row so I know I'm already going to be spending a bundle. The WO's are at the high end $ wise but seem to be well reviewed. I'm wondering about fading, washability, wear...Thanks in advance for any input.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

WO's have no competition!

I really don't think there is any seat cover even in the same class.

Bullet proof, dog, goats, sheep, mud, whatever.

Send them pictures of your seats and they use them to make sure it's custom fit to your car. Very good customer service.

Buddy of mine ordered a set and they fit like they were factory installed.

Hello,
I thought I'd introduce myself since I've been lurking here for a few weeks now and just purchased a 2014 Explorer. This is our 4th Ford, including a 1996 Aerostar, 2000 Ranger, 2005 Escape. I didn't initially intend to buy another car but was driving 3 large dogs around in the Escape and couldn't resist the larger cargo/seat capacity of the Explorer. We still have the Ranger, which my husband drives, but have traded in the other two consecutively.
Since I drive my dogs to work sheep in my off time I'm interested in keeping this car as clean as possible for as long as possible. This is tough as we get in from the pastures with mud (and sometimes worse stuff) on the pups. I'm looking at Wet Okole seat covers now and wondering if anyone has had any experience with them? Most of the custom seat covers seem to start around $175. per row so I know I'm already going to be spending a bundle. The WO's are at the high end $ wise but seem to be well reviewed. I'm wondering about fading, washability, wear...Thanks in advance for any input.
Welcome to the Forum Clementine.:wavey:
For short trips my 2 dogs are confined to the cargo area where I have the cargo mat. Otherwise I fold the 2nd row down and place a cover over the seat backs. They are not allowed to ride up front until they improve their navigation skills.:D

Peter

Hi FR-425, yes that is what I'm getting re the WO's from all research/reviews so I'm ordering this morning....Have to pushback the heart attack at the $800.+ price but they have a lifetime warranty and will replace the inserts as needed for just $15. a pop. Went with solid black on the back two benches and, to my husband's dismay lol, the girly black hibiscus on the front seats. Thanks for your input!
Brooklyn, Let's see...the aerostar was new and had about 160K on it when traded in 10 years later...the Escape was certified used with 90K when traded back in, the Ranger was new and has almost 200K on it now. I'll have to figure out where to post this but I have a set of custom velour seat covers for the Escape that are in decent condition for anyone who wants them and wants to pay shipping...just hate to put them in the landfill!

HI Peter, we've tried the cargo area with a gate etc route but we have two border collies that approach this set up as merely a challenge to dismantle every gate/barrier etc that we've had, even if it means getting their heads stuck etc. The lab is much more mellow and compliant but the two girls are just scary smart, opening drawers, cabinets, climbing ladders etc with no problemo at all. Not trying to drive the car yet thank goodness. We have a friend who's dog unlocks and opens the truck doors and gets out repeatedly! Anyway all the cars have basically just become dog crates on wheels so I usually try to cover seats etc as soon as possible. Just haven't tried the 'very expensive' WO's. Ordering them this morning!

Back