Help !!!07 mountaineer seat swap now airbag light | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Help !!!07 mountaineer seat swap now airbag light

5.0LTR.EDDIE

Reaction score
City, State
OHIO
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 X 5.0
HELP!!!!! Please I did a seat swap from a 2008 Explorer to my 2007 Mountaineer and used the original CBX,sensors,buckles everything but I had started it up to move it while the seats were out and now my AIRBAG light wont go out. Please help.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Does the SRS light blink when you turn the switch to "ON" or does it just come on solid without blinking? If it blinks count the blinks. It would be a 2 digit code, then it repeats several times.

check to make sure the harness is pluged in tightly all the way under the seat. i had mine come un-done just slightly and it turned it on.

Did you manage to resolve this? i have the same problem. swapped seats from an 06 to and 08 and now my light comes on, no flash just comes on solid.

seat swap

Yes , because the seat has 2 pressure monitors they have to be recaliburated using tech 2 or equivalent divice. I walked around the service area of my local ford shop and asked the tech if he could do it for 45 cash no receipt lol he did it and it is a process of a number of things have to be done. like smacking the seat 5 times (I swear). But it was solved and i gave him 50$lol email me direct at robertlee1975@live.com

Yes , because the seat has 2 pressure monitors they have to be recaliburated using tech 2 or equivalent divice. I walked around the service area of my local ford shop and asked the tech if he could do it for 45 cash no receipt lol he did it and it is a process of a number of things have to be done. like smacking the seat 5 times (I swear). But it was solved and i gave him 50$lol email me direct at robertlee1975@live.com

The things they do... Engineers must sit around a big table thinking of these things laughing!

That's why they make the BIG bucks!!!!

Back