Help! 07 Mountaineer. Seats move, sometimes won't start | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Help! 07 Mountaineer. Seats move, sometimes won't start

angel45005

Reaction score
City, State
Franklin Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Mercury Mountaineer
Hi. I just bought this used car. First I noticed that I can be driving and my seat will move positions. I can handle that. But then my airbag light came on. It does go off sometimes. Then 2 days ago my car wouldn't start. It made it loud clicking noise. It seemed to make noises in the dash and the lights flickered on and off a few times and I kept trying it until I kill the battery. A couple hours later it started fine. It did it again yesterday same scenario. By the way when it won't start the seat won't move. Today when I started it I put the key in and the motor tried to turn instead of just giving me that clicking noise trying to turn over with me trying to make it do that if that makes any sense. It finally started after I held the gas down which I should not have to do. When I got back home and turned it off I noticed it did not move. I didn't try to start it because I wouldn't start since it isn't moving. I've read a lot of people have problems with their seats moving randomly well just the driver seat. But nobody has said anything to start. And nobody said anything about what the actual problem is. Does anybody have a mission switch for the airbag sensor or something else? Thank you very much.

Very hard to say. You need to do testing first and post back.
Start with the battery
- is it good
- voltage when there is a problem, clean and confirm battery connections are good (clean as well as posts)
- system charging normally (should be 14VDC or a little higher)
- check other cables including grounds and grounds strap. They should be clean and tight

Ignition switch possibly.

Normally, the seats move to the preset position when you insert the key in, but if the seats move by itself, then there is a short in the ignition.

Back