Help - 2016 Ford Explorer Limited - Won't Start | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Help - 2016 Ford Explorer Limited - Won't Start

Henry Quintanilla

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer Limited
Hi all,

I am adding an amp to my SUV using the AmpPRO AP4-FD21. I've disconnected a butch of wires but have plug them all up. The only wires I haven't plugged are the front seat wires. But all the other wires I have.

When I went to turn the car on, it went through a series of clicks and light flashes. And I hear little motors or sounds going through out the car every so often. But the car itself does not turn on. I have pushed the ignition push button several times, and it makes the car make some noises throughout as mentioned before. No green light on the engine push button. The lights in the cabin do not turn. Every so often the screen on the LCD will turn but not fully. The foot brake is harder to push now for some reason.

I've look at the anti-theft resets but couldn't find any. I've looked at fuses but didn't see any that were out, or which one to look further in to. The key fob does not lock/unlock the door. Nothing seems to work as if the battery is dead, but it is not.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Henry

Plug in the unplugged seat wires and see what happens

If still nothing, disconnect the battery for a few minutes and then reconnect it.

If still nothing, disconnect the amp and make sure everything else is reconnected properly. If that fixes it, then something in the amp wiring is evidently the culprit

Sounds like it could be the battery. Do you have a charger that allows you to use it to start a vehicle?

Peter

Plug in the unplugged seat wires and see what happens

If still nothing, disconnect the battery for a few minutes and then reconnect it.

If still nothing, disconnect the amp and make sure everything else is reconnected properly. If that fixes it, then something in the amp wiring is evidently the culprit

Ok thank you. Will try all.
Sounds like it could be the battery. Do you have a charger that allows you to use it to start a vehicle?

Peter
Dont think it is the battery. The battery was working prior and I turned off all lights so that it doesn’t drain. But I will put a battery tender to it.

Back