Help: 92 EFi 5.0 to '86 AOD tranny | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Help: 92 EFi 5.0 to '86 AOD tranny

Sorry to continually ask questions about this. For those who don't know: I have a 1992 5.0L H.O. and 1986 AOD transmission with AA to BW1350 adapter. I also have all the conversion parts needed to do this conversion in a 91 EXPLORER.
Since I am not famaliar to the AOD setup I have lots of questions! I hope you can help.
-MY AOD was set-up for a Carburated 302.
1.) Do both the TV cable and Shifter cable both hook up to the single lever on the trans, how so? 2.)Do I need to change this lever to a 1992 AOD trans lever from an EFI setup? 3.) Does the other end of the TV cable hook up to the EFI throttle body, or to the gas pedal in the cab? 4.)Can you use the Shifter lever that is in the Explorer, or do you have to use a B&M shifter? 5.)Why is there a special AOD kit for the B&M shifter??

-The four wires coming from the trans must be the Reverse/Neautral switch. Where did these hook up on the Explorer?

Thanks for your help. Please include any information about your experience of hooking up and AOD setup in your Explorer/Ranger!

Good questions!

I'll be at this part next week. Any help out there?

Brett, Can you explain where the tranny wires tied in on the harness? ( The $80.00 Ouch... )

I also need to figure out which tranny fill tube to use, since my AOD did not come with one.

Thanks Rob

Back