• Register Today It's free!

help ABS light ???

SergeJr

Reaction score
City, State
Ottawa
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 limited v8
i change my 2 front hubs and they came with abs sensor and the light came on after a month is there something that i need to change or reset. im just sick of that orange abs light flashing in the dash..

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The first thing I would check is the wiring connection for the hubs and make sure that the wire was not improperly routed and has been damaged. Since you drove for a month without any problems I would not assume that it is something you did. I have never had to reset anything after changing a hub.

Let me know what you find out. I had a ABS issue, and both hubs were getting bad, so I put in 2 new hubs and still have the ABS light on. I checked the rear sensor and that is well within specs.
Thanks

Code reader should be able to pull abs codes. Typically they report as chassis codes lie Cxxx. Local autoparts store can read the code or you can use app like Torque. Once you get the code and that should help you narrow it down.

There no code for abs I have a code reader and there noting maybe if I change the rear one. All unplug the front one and try it again

Have a similkar problem on my '04 XLT. About a month after replacing both front hubs the ABS light comes on every time I start up. Doesn't flash - just continuous glow while ignition is on. No braking issues.

Could be the brake pressure sensor switch located on the master cylinder. I had to replace mine back in the summer. When mine was first going bad I would get the ABS light to come on after a hard acceleration. Also my cruise control did not work when the light was on. Search on here for threads on this issue.

I had that problem before the hubs were replaced. new pressure switch was put in about 6 months before hubs were replaced.

so you guys change the brake pressure switch and your abs light off. and those the abs work after that

Yes, when I replaced the brake pressure sensor it has solved hte abs light issue and my cruise control works perfectly now!This actually happened to us on vacation this past summer. Freaked my out a bit until I did some quick research and found the problem. Not an uncommon failure. And fortunatley cheap to fix and easy to do!

see this thread: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=397313&highlight=brake+pressure+switch

or this thread: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=273854&highlight=brake+pressure+switch

Did any one change the sensor on the brake pedal.

Back