help!!! all i did was change brake pads | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

help!!! all i did was change brake pads

jt thomas

Reaction score
City, State
scottsboro al
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 explorer limited svt
i put new brake pads on today and now after 18 yrs working on cars i got a problem i cant figure out. OK. put new pads on blead brakes normal stuff. put it back together and started for a test drive. now whenever i turn my steering wheel right or left the truck shudders badly. still runs fine but acts like it doesnt want to turn without shuddering. ALL I DID WAS PUT PADS ON I PROMISE! WHAT HAVE I DONE HOW CAN I FIX IT?:scratch::feedback:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If your wheels turned while being jacked up, you probly got air in the steering. You should be able to fix this. Have the motor running and turn your wheels as far as they will go from side to side a few times.

will try this thankyou . have built tons of late model mustangs and i have never encountered this ...its crazy

will try this thankyou . have built tons of late model mustangs and i have never encountered this ...its crazy

Happens sometimes if the engine if not on and you turn the wheels causing pressure to build up and loss of fluid throught the power steering fluid cap.

Try turning the wheels side-to-side like the other guys said but check you steering fluid and see if any leaks on steering pump or rack and pinion assembly

Mine does it everytime the wheel gets turned hard with the engine not running. After you drive it for a while it will go away.

Two or three lock to lock turns and it will go away.

Back