• Register Today It's free!

Help!!! Big fuel leak

Joes4x4Ranger

Reaction score
City, State
The center of Hell, Parker, Arizona!
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 XLT
My 1991 X's fuel line is leaking BIG TIME at the pressure regulator. My regulator has a fitting exactly like the fuel filter line. I have tried for a few days to find a replacement with no luck. My regulator looks like thishttp://info.rockauto.com/getimage/getimage.php?imagekey=1111842&imageurl=http%3A//info.rockauto.com/Delphi/fp10042a_primary_large_image.jpg

How can I jimmy rig this thing so it is drivable? Would it hold if I cut off the spring fittings and just pushed on a piece of standard fuel line and clamped it on both ends????

In theory, IF you find EFI fuel hose you could get it to seal.. Keep in mind.. You can have 60+ PSI at the FPR.. so make sure you get EFI high pressure fuel line... and double clamp it.

For a solution.. you may be able to do the following..
Get the two lines (flexible lines) that go from the hard lines to the top of the motor and replace them with ones from a 1992/1993/1994 explorer. Then you can use the FPR from one of those explorers which is a threaded on style.. no more "funky" connector.

~Mark

In theory, IF you find EFI fuel hose you could get it to seal.. Keep in mind.. You can have 60+ PSI at the FPR.. so make sure you get EFI high pressure fuel line... and double clamp it.

For a solution.. you may be able to do the following..
Get the two lines (flexible lines) that go from the hard lines to the top of the motor and replace them with ones from a 1992/1993/1994 explorer. Then you can use the FPR from one of those explorers which is a threaded on style.. no more "funky" connector.

~Mark

Thats what I was hopin. I've got a threaded one on order at Autozone. Is the threaded one a standard pipe thread, or did Ford have a better idea about that as well? Even the threaded lines are quite elusive. I was hopeing to fab my own line

Mark, how did your area fair in all that flooding last week? You are between Peach Springs and the South Rim correct?

Back