Help, buying body lift for 99 4dr have questions | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Help, buying body lift for 99 4dr have questions

WannaXP8 - Since you have a V8 you're going to have to 'trim' your radiator. :D There's a little tab deal sticking out on the drivers side just above and infront of the lower mounting tab. It will need to be removed in order to lower the radiator with the 3" drop brackets. No biggie though.

Hokie - I think most people do not use the factory spare location because you can't fit anything larger than a 31 anyway. But I have heard of someone drilling a hole in the bumper behind the license plate and making the plate hinged and flip outta the way. I don't know if that is an urban legend or what though.

Dead Link Removed
And I did get my bumpers slightly more level. (Thanks for embarrasing me Yomie) :D I'm actually going to be 'designing' (like its tough to do) some front brackets and having them made hopefully this weekend.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by section525
And I did get my bumpers slightly more level. (Thanks for embarrasing me Yomie) :D

:D

sorry

Splashman.....you used the foam to fill in those little holes along the side left over from the bottom trim piece? Can you tellthey are there under the bedliner?

Originally I had only spray painted over them after filling them with foam and when you got up close you could see the holes. Once I put the spray on bed-liner you couldn't see them at all. If I had used the good stuff like Herculiner I wouldn't have to do some touch ups this year, but I didn't have the money at the time.

I was planning on getting some black rubber molding like they use for the top rails on truck beds. It is adhesive backed and would stick on and cover the holes, but I would have to trim the width to fit. I think I'll look into your idea some more, sounds like it migh come out better.

Back