HELP: Can ANYONE do a run at Crozet VA in the next week or two? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

HELP: Can ANYONE do a run at Crozet VA in the next week or two?

GJarrett

Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Chief GPS'um and Still Lost Native Texan
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 EB 4x4 "Herc" RIP
Just what the subject says..... the east coast 10th Anniversary run is getting very even voting from all areas of the Atlantic. I am afraid that only New Englanders would end up at Paragon, and only Southerners will end up at a NC trail.

I can forsee the possibility that we may be forced to all compromise like the western bunch did and meet in the middle.... but I do not like the idea at all of going to a place we don't have any firsthand knowledge of.

Can ANYONE step up to the plate and make a quick weekend run up there and give us a report???

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I will if someone will go with me... Ill be at URE tomorrow though.

I probibly could the second weekend in oct

lemme check at work and make sure im not on schedule for that sunday and I'm game.

I'm heading up there in a few weeks or toward the end of the month.

I don't believe that anyone can just show up at Crozet and wheel. I, coincidentally, ran into BenZZO earlier today and asked him for the general info (Ben helped organize the PBB EC run there a couple of months ago). The trails out there are run privately by Chris and Heather Packard (Chris is jeepnchris on PBB and other forums).

-10 truck minimum
-$25/day, $40 weekend
-primitive camping available onsite (hotels about 15 miles away)
-all levels of trails available (not sure about fully stock though)

Sending a PM or Email to Chris for general info may be the next best course of action.

They are having a guided run today, October 1st & 2nd sponsered by NovaJeepers, and a run 15th & 16th. However space is limited.

Robb said:
Sending a PM or Email to Chris for general info may be the next best course of action.

I'll go to PBB and do that right now.

Well i was going to chime in and say i could do the last weekend of this month is needed, that is until i saw the 10 truck limit.

guys im gonna say that the 10 truck limit is gonna suck for a group run.

I sent Chris a e-mail regarding the 10 truck minimum and the 40 truck maximum. If anyone wants to reach him, his e-mail is jeepnchris@xjsrule.com or at his forum at http://forums.xjsrule.com or his main site, http://www.xjsrule.com.

edit: He got back to me, there is a 10 truck minimum that he requires but that shouldn't be too hard. I do plan on attending the Nova Jeepers run October 1st & 2nd unless hell freezes over.

Back