Help!!! Cant Find A Lift For A 99 Sport | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Help!!! Cant Find A Lift For A 99 Sport

jamers jones

Reaction score
City, State
Bradenton florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 sport
I have searched and searched and searched and cannot find a single suspension lift for my 2wd 99 sport. im looking for something around 3-5 inches. Ive been thinking about it nonstop and my head is about to explode :fire: kuz it seems almost like have a forgoten year/make....

CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

use the search option here on the board...look up spindle lift on jc or around. 2wds are easy to lift, now us 4wds have it tough...stupid IFS

Explorer#2 said:
superlift makes one four inches it cost a lot but they make one

He's 2WD. He could only use the Trailmaster, or the 3" Spindles.

or do a 3inch TT and then do the appropriate in the rear via F-150 springs,shackels and aal or amby ontop of the TT the spindels and an SOA conversion...hmmm

check out ebay buddy. i just saw a kit for sale with 3 inch spindles for 300 canadian. my buddy is buyin it for his x.

DON'T DO A 3 INCH TT, SkanlaxJMO I am not trying to bash you here, but if you go higher than 2 inches with a TT you put too much stress on the components of the front wheel drive, stuff like the CV joints. This can causes quick wear and can lead to failure.

He has a 2wd so there are no CV issues, however the higher you adjust the bars the more downtravel you lose too. Overdo it and the front tires will be bouncing off the ground a lot.

Explorer#2 said:
once again i look over the little stuff, i forgot he is a 2WD again, i am such an idiot
lol anyway for the price the TT is the cheapest option but the spindles would be the best idea overall.

Back