• Register Today It's free!

HELP! Check engine light code 22

93XJason24

Reaction score
City, State
Ft. Worth, Tx
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 explorer
I need some help.. Just got a '93 explorer.... Check engine light was on. It threw a code 22: MAP (Manifold Absolute Pressure) sensor & code 122: TP (Throttle Position) sensor. I've located the TP sensor but not the Map sensor. Anyone have an idea of What I could do to get away from replacing both and where I might be able to locate the map sensor? Something else... Other than routine maintenance on the explorer (fluid changes.... Grease... etc...) Anything I need to look to change? All input is appreciated...

Thanks for your time

On a '93, you shouldn't be getting any 2 digit codes. Is it possible it was a KOEO 122 to go with a CM 122? You won't ever find a MAP sensor, though you may find a BARO sensor (same as MAP only measures ambient air pressure rather than manifold pressure).

If you are getting the TPS code, and the truck is running ok, try disconnecting the battery for 5 minutes to reset the codes. My 92 throws a TPS code every year or 2, and I clear it by resetting the codes. Obviously, if the truck is running right, you need to continue checking.

Back